Premature ejaculation is an inability to delay ejaculation for a period sufficient to satisfy both partners of the sexual activity. It’s one of the most common sexual dysfunctions. The main manifestation of this dysfunction is ejaculation in the beginning of sexual intercourse – just before penetration or right after it. Premature ejaculation can be a serious problem for a couple; therefore, men turn to sites like www.best-pharmacy.net to purchase medications that could help solve it.
As for the treatment, in many cases normal ejaculation (or at least not so premature) can be restored by auto-training, pelvic floor exercises, and with the help of special techniques of penis stimulation that cause high levels of excitement without ejaculation. Pharmaceutical treatment of premature ejaculation is performed with the help of topical anesthetics, antidepressants, phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors and other types of generic drugs including dapoxetine, silodosin, and modafinil.
However, before starting the treatment of this condition it’s better to find its underlying cause and eliminate it. The causes of premature ejaculation vary, for the sake of convenience they can be divided into several main groups:
- Psychogenic factors:
- Relationship problems, early sexual experience;
- The fear of failure or not satisfying the partner;
- Sexual inexperience;
- Too much stimulation or overexcitement;
- Lack of confidence with a new partner;
- Guilt, anxiety, depression.
- Physiological causes:
- Urological disorders like benign prostatic hyperplasia, urethritis, etc.;
- Hormonal imbalance associated with thyroid problems;
- Either congenital or acquired (resulting from balanoposthitis or phimosis) hypersensitivity of the glans penis;
- Excessive consumption of alcohol;
- Multiple sclerosis;
- Use of illicit drugs.
- Psychophysiological causes. They include both psychogenic and physiological factors. When psychogenic causes are combined with physiological confirmation, a specific arc of reflexes is formed that only speeds up orgasm and hence provokes premature ejaculation.